Volunteers are needed to maintain and improve the Cataraqui Trail in the following areas:
Trail maintainers patrol a section of the trail on a regular basis and trim back branches, collect any garbage, ensure the water flow through culverts and fill in any holes in the trail surface. A work party of several volunteers is occasionally needed to mow the trail edges or clear beaver dams or erect/replace trail signs. To volunteer for trail maintenance please send an email expressing your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership and Public Relations
Volunteers are also needed to:
- Attend local leisure shows to explain the trail to the public
- Provide information to people calling the Cataraqui Trail message line (613-546-4228 ext. 304).
- Write informational material on the trail including the annual Cataraqui trail news.
- Follow up by phone with past members/donors to encourage continuing membership.
- Help with the planning and running of events and fundraisers. This includes the fall Bike and Hike fundraiser and wagon ride.
Anyone wanting to help as a trail volunteer or with questions about volunteering should contact the Cataraqui Trail message line at 613-546-4228 ext. 304 or by sending an email to email@example.com.