Volunteers are needed to maintain and improve the Cataraqui Trail in the following areas:
Trail maintainers patrol a section of the trail on a regular basis and trim back branches, collect any garbage, ensure the water flow through culverts and fill in any holes in the trail surface. A work party of several volunteers is occasionally needed to mow the trail edges or clear beaver dams or erect/replace trail signs. To volunteer for trail maintenance please send an email expressing your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership and Public Relations
Volunteers are also needed to:
- Attend local leisure shows to explain the trail to the public
- Provide information to people calling the Cataraqui Trail message line (613-546-4228 ext. 304).
- Write informational material on the trail including the annual Cataraqui trail news.
- Follow up by phone with past members/donors to encourage continuing membership.
- Help with the planning and running of events and fundraisers. This includes the fall Bike and Hike fundraiser and wagon ride.
Anyone wanting to help as a trail volunteer or with questions about volunteering should contact the Cataraqui Trail message line at 613-546-4228 ext. 304 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Vacancies on the Cataraqui Trail Management Board
The volunteers on this board are responsible for the budget that is needed to maintain and make improvements to the Cataraqui Trail. The Board representatives serve a two year term with the next board being selected in January 2017.
All positions on the Management Board are currently filled. However vacancies do occur and if you are interested in the Cataraqui Trail Management Board, contact the Cataraqui Trail message line at 613-546-4228 ext. 304 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.